The first step in learning Russian is to learn how to pronounce Russian sounds and simple Russian words. One of the easiest way to learn Russian pronunciation is to watch native Russian speakers and imitate them.
On this page you will find links to online resources that will help you improve your pronunciation in Russian language. On some sites listed below you will find short audio or video clips of a native speaker pronouncing slowly Russian sounds and Russian words containing these sounds. Sometimes these audio and video clips can be downloaded to your computer.
Some of the sites have video lessons with tips and drills for improving your Russian pronunciation, where a native speaker explains vocal apparatus movements and gives practical advices.
See also software to learn Russian pronunciation.
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning Russian, see the instructions here.
- EasyPronunciation.com – Russian pronunciation videos – consonant and vowel sounds in Russian words. 139 videos with popular Russian words pronounced slowly by a native speaker. Videos can be watched by using YouTube playlist "Russian Pronunciation for Beginners".
- www.forvo.com – learn pronunciation of Russian words and Russian phrases online for free. The site contains a big collection of audio clips with Russian words recorded by native speakers. Sound quality is not always high.
- www.youtube.com – Video clips of Russian pronunciation (youtube). With phonetic transcription and translation
- www.youtube.com – YouTube video showing the correct pronunciation of Russian sounds. created by Info Cards Club.
- infocards.club – Stack of cards to help you learn International Phonetic Alphabet symbols
- www.youtube.com – Russian pronunciation explained - one word at a time
- www.youtube.com – Video clips for russian pronunciation (youtube). Russian Pronunciation 1 Russian Pronunciation 2 Russian Pronunciation 3
- www.youtube.com – Russian pronunciation video for Spanish speaking learners