On this page you will find links to online Russian podcasts, Russian audio lessons and audiobooks. Most of the sites listed below allow you to download podcast files (mp3, wma, etc.) to your computer for free. Usually you can find Russian transcript for each audio clip.
Regular listening of Russian podcasts and audiobooks will help you learn basic Russian words and basic Russian phrases and will improve not only your listening, but also general communication skills in Russian language.
The difficulty level is indicated by color circles:
- for beginner/elementary level – ,
- for intermediate level – ,
- for advanced learners – .
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning Russian, see the instructions here.
- project-modelino.com – Russian podcast for beginners on Project Modelino. 19 lessons of our Russian podcast for beginners. Right now it is replaced by Russian video vocabulary builder.
- learnrussianstepbystep.com – Learn Russian Step by Step - Free online grammar and vocabulary course for beginners. The site contains a lot of short audio lessons with Russian transcript and English translation.
- learnrussian.rt.com – Learn Russian online - free Russian audio lessons for beginners. Russian transcript is available.
- russianpodcast.eu – Russian audio lessons. Russian audio podcast. The transcript of the main dialog of each lesson is available for free download. You can also support the author by buying the full transcript of all lessons.
- www.youtube.com – Short Russian lessons for beginner. Short lessons for beginners in youtube. Video represents the text of the dialogues.
- librivox.org – online library of Russian audiobooks in the public domain (free for download). The site contains a lot of audiobooks in Russian read by volunteers. All books are in the public domain (they are not protected by copyright). On the page for the given audiobook almost always you can find a link to the original text in Russian (most of the time it's Project Gutenberg - online library with thousands of free e-books).
- www.gramota.ru – Vladimir - Russian audio course for beginners - online audiobook for Russian learners. Russian transcript. English, French and German translations of dialogues.
- learningrussian.net – short Russian audio lessons
- govoriporusski.com – Speak Russian - Russian podcasts online