On this page you will find a list of free online dictionaries of Japanese language. Some of these dictionaries give a phonetic transcription of Japanese words, some contain audio files of Japanese words.
See also Japanese computer dictionaries.
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning Japanese, see the instructions here.
- warodai.ru – Japanese-Russian, Russian-Japanese dictionnaries. No information on pitch accent.
- www.edrdg.org – WWWJDIC - online Japanese-English dictionary with audio pronunciation (sound clips). Based on free Japanese-English dictionary EDICT. No information on pitch accent.
- www.wiktionary.org – Wiktionary - free online Japanese dictionary with phonetic transcription. This Japanese dictionary contains a lot of examples, expressions and translations in different languages. Word declensions (inflected forms) are available. Some words have pictures.
- www.lexilogos.com – Lexilogos - list of free Japanese dictionaries online, including Japanese-French and French-Japanese dictionaries. The site is in French. Contains a lot of comments. Highly recommended.
- dic.yahoo.co.jp – Japanese-English, English-Japanese online dictionaries. To see the pitch accent choose
- www.sanseido.net – online Japanese dictionary. To see the pitch accent choose
- dictionary.goo.ne.jp – Japanese-English, English-Japanese online dictionaries. No information on pitch accent.
- www.dictionnaire-japonais.com – Japanese-French and French-Japanese dictionary. No information on pitch accent.
- www.websaru.info – Japanese-English and English-Japanese online dictionaries. No information on pitch accent.
- www.wordreference.com – WordReference.com - free online Japanese-English and English-Japanese dictionaries. With example sentences.