On this page you will find links to online Japanese podcasts, Japanese audio lessons and audiobooks. Most of the sites listed below allow you to download podcast files (mp3, wma, etc.) to your computer for free. Usually you can find Japanese transcript for each audio clip.
Regular listening of Japanese podcasts and audiobooks will help you learn basic Japanese words and basic Japanese phrases and will improve not only your listening, but also general communication skills in Japanese language.
The difficulty level is indicated by color circles:
- for beginner/elementary level – ,
- for intermediate level – ,
- for advanced learners – .
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning Japanese, see the instructions here.
- librivox.org – online library of Japanese audiobooks in the public domain (free for download). The site contains a lot of audiobooks in Japanese read by volunteers. All books are in the public domain (they are not protected by copyright). On the page for the given audiobook almost always you can find a link to the original text in Japanese (most of the time it's Project Gutenberg - online library with thousands of free e-books).
- jclab.wordpress.com – Japanese Classical Literature - Free online audiobooks in Japanese with transcript
- www.voiceblog.jp – Japanese Narration voice-blog online - Japanese audio with transcript
- how-to-learn-any-language.com – Japanese audiobooks collection online