On this page you will find a list of free online dictionaries of Italian language. Some of these dictionaries give a phonetic transcription of Italian words, some contain audio files of Italian words.
See also Italian computer dictionaries.
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning Italian, see the instructions here.
- www.dizionario.rai.it – Italian dictionary online with audio
- www.wiktionary.org – Wiktionary - free online Italian dictionary with phonetic transcription. This Italian dictionary contains a lot of examples, expressions and translations in different languages. Word declensions (inflected forms) are available. Some words have pictures.
- www.lexilogos.com – Lexilogos - list of free Italian dictionaries online, including Italian-French and French-Italian dictionaries. The site is in French. Contains a lot of comments. Highly recommended.
- bab.la – online Italian dictionaries.
- www.lingvo-online.ru – ABBYY Lingvo - Italian-Russian and Russian-Italian free online dictionaries. Some words have audio and can be listened online
- www.wordreference.com – WordReference.com - free online Italian-English and English-Italian dictionaries. With example sentences.