On this page you will find links to online Italian podcasts, Italian audio lessons and audiobooks. Most of the sites listed below allow you to download podcast files (mp3, wma, etc.) to your computer for free. Usually you can find Italian transcript for each audio clip.
Regular listening of Italian podcasts and audiobooks will help you learn basic Italian words and basic Italian phrases and will improve not only your listening, but also general communication skills in Italian language.
The difficulty level is indicated by color circles:
- for beginner/elementary level – ,
- for intermediate level – ,
- for advanced learners – .
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning Italian, see the instructions here.
- librivox.org – online library of Italian audiobooks in the public domain (free for download). The site contains a lot of audiobooks in Italian read by volunteers. All books are in the public domain (they are not protected by copyright). On the page for the given audiobook almost always you can find a link to the original text in Italian (most of the time it's Project Gutenberg - online library with thousands of free e-books).
- www.readbeyond.it – Audiobooks in Italian synchronized with text
- www.liberliber.it – audiobooks in Italian online