On this page you will find a list of free online dictionaries of German language. Some of these dictionaries give a phonetic transcription of German words, some contain audio files of German words.
See also German computer dictionaries.
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning German, see the instructions here.
- www.dict.cc – German-English dictionary
- www.lingvo-online.ru – ABBYY Lingvo - German-Russian and Russian-German free online dictionaries. Some words have audio and can be listened online
- www.wiktionary.org – Wiktionary - free online German dictionary with phonetic transcription. This German dictionary contains a lot of examples, expressions and translations in different languages. Word declensions (inflected forms) are available. Some words have pictures.
- www.woxikon.de – German-English and German monolingual dictionaries
- www.lexilogos.com – Lexilogos - list of free German dictionaries online, including German-French and French-German dictionaries. The site is in French. Contains a lot of comments. Highly recommended.
- bab.la – online German dictionaries.
- www.ozali.org – German-Russian and Russian-German online dictionaries. Contains also German-Polish and Polish-German dictionaries.
- www.j3e.de – Hunspell German dictionary
- www.wordreference.com – WordReference.com - free online German-English and English-German dictionaries. With example sentences.
- quickdic.org – German-English online dictionary with phonetic transcription
- de.pons.eu – online German dictionaries with phonetic transcription
- www.dict.com – German-English dictionary with sound