On this page you will find links to online German podcasts, German audio lessons and audiobooks. Most of the sites listed below allow you to download podcast files (mp3, wma, etc.) to your computer for free. Usually you can find German transcript for each audio clip.
Regular listening of German podcasts and audiobooks will help you learn basic German words and basic German phrases and will improve not only your listening, but also general communication skills in German language.
The difficulty level is indicated by color circles:
- for beginner/elementary level – ,
- for intermediate level – ,
- for advanced learners – .
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning German, see the instructions here.
- librivox.org – online library of German audiobooks in the public domain (free for download). The site contains a lot of audiobooks in German read by volunteers. All books are in the public domain (they are not protected by copyright). On the page for the given audiobook almost always you can find a link to the original text in German (most of the time it's Project Gutenberg - online library with thousands of free e-books).
- germanlingq.com – Online German Podcast. Free German Podcasts with full script, it's possible to download audio in MP3 format.
- www.slowgerman.com – German podcasts online
- www.podclub.ch – Podcast in German. Full transcript available; in some episodes, you can listen to any part of the podcast just by clicking on the phrase in transcript; high quality sound.
- www.deutschlandradiokultur.de – Radio podcast about culture and news. Full transcript.