Practice your pronunciation in French with our online video player!
2,000 frequently used French words.
Fully optimized for mobile devices!
On this page you will find links to the online resources where you can watch TV in French for free. There are also links to video materials for advanced learners. Some of the sites listed below allow you not only to watch, but also to download video to your computer. Some programmes are accompanied by a text script in French. Some channels allow to watch video with French subtitles.
The difficulty level is indicated by color circles:
- for beginner/elementary level – ,
- for intermediate level – ,
- for advanced learners – .
French dialects are indicated by a corresponding little flag:
- – for Metropolitan French,
- – for Quebec French.
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning French, see the instructions here.
- www.ina.fr – Fresques interactives - online library of video in French with transcripts. Choose any video and then click on "Fiche" to read the transcript.
- www.ina.fr – Grands entretiens - online video library of interviews in French with transcription
- www.youtube.com – 7 jours sur la planète - Youtube channel - French video podcast online. Interviews in French with French subtitles.
- apprendre.tv5monde.com – French video with transcript
- enseigner.tv5monde.com – French TV shows from TV5Monde online with French transcript
- fr.euronews.com – Euronews in French - free online TV news in French with transcripts. Pros: Most of the time French transcript matches quite well the audio. Cons: the general style of news is voice-over - you can't always see a native French speaker.
- pilule.telequebec.tv – Une pilule, une petite granule - Quebec TV show about health. Quebec TV show about health and medicine. The majority of programs contain the French transcript (not complete).
- video.vulgaris-medical.com – Vulgaris Médical - online video in French on medicine, anatomy