On this page you will find a list of free online dictionaries of French language. Some of these dictionaries give a phonetic transcription of French words, some contain audio files of French words.
See also French computer dictionaries.
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning French, see the instructions here.
- www.cnrtl.fr – TLFi - French dictionaries online
- www.wiktionary.org – Wiktionary - free online French dictionary with phonetic transcription. This French dictionary contains a lot of examples, expressions and translations in different languages. Word declensions (inflected forms) are available. Some words have pictures.
- www.lingvo-online.ru – ABBYY Lingvo - French-Russian and Russian-French free online dictionaries. Some words have audio and can be listened online
- www.lexilogos.com – Lexilogos - list of free French dictionaries online. The site is in French. Contains a lot of comments. Highly recommended.
- www.lexilogos.com – list of Canadian French online dictionaries
- bab.la – online French dictionaries.
- www.dicollecte.org – Hunspell French dictionaries for spell checkers - source files
- www.fredak.com – Quebec vocabulary - online dictionary
- www.angelfire.com – Quebec vocabulary - online dictionary
- www.joualvert.com – Quebec vocabulary - online dictionary
- www.wordreference.com – WordReference.com - free online French-English and English-French dictionaries. With example sentences.
- www.dict.com – French-English dictionary with sound