Practice your pronunciation in French with our online video player!
2,000 frequently used French words.
Fully optimized for mobile devices!
On this page you will find links to online French podcasts, French audio lessons and audiobooks. Most of the sites listed below allow you to download podcast files (mp3, wma, etc.) to your computer for free. Usually you can find French transcript for each audio clip.
Regular listening of French podcasts and audiobooks will help you learn basic French words and basic French phrases and will improve not only your listening, but also general communication skills in French language.
The difficulty level is indicated by color circles:
- for beginner/elementary level – ,
- for intermediate level – ,
- for advanced learners – .
French dialects are indicated by a corresponding little flag:
- – for Metropolitan French,
- – for Quebec French.
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning French, see the instructions here.
- www.podcastfrancaisfacile.com – French podcasts for beginners online
- librivox.org – online library of French audiobooks in the public domain (free for download). The site contains a lot of audiobooks in French read by volunteers. All books are in the public domain (they are not protected by copyright). On the page for the given audiobook almost always you can find a link to the original text in French (most of the time it's Project Gutenberg - online library with thousands of free e-books).
- www.livreaudiogratuit.com – free audiobooks in French online. Mostly classic French literature.
- www.litteratureaudio.com – free audiobooks in French online
- www.audiocite.net – Audiobooks in French