On this page you will find links to the online resources where you can listen to web radio channels in English for free. Some of the sites listed below allow you to download audio files (mp3, wma etc) to your computer. Most of radio programmes are accompanied by a text script in English. Regular listening of English radio will help you improve not only your listening, but also a general communication skills in English.
The difficulty level is indicated by color circles:
- for beginner/elementary level – ,
- for intermediate level – ,
- for advanced learners – .
English dialects are indicated by a corresponding little flag:
- – for American English,
- – for British English,
- – for Australian English,
- – for Canadian English.
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning English, see the instructions here.
- learningenglish.voanews.com – Voice of America - Special English. A big collection of news/podcasts read very slowly. Everything has a transcript. Average quality of audio (64 kbps, 44 kHz).
- www.abc.net.au – The World Today - ABC Australia radio news. Audio (mp3 or wma) is available for download.
- www.simpleenglishnews.com – news in simple English. Some news are in British, some in American English.