American English Vocabulary Builder
63 short video lessons
English subtitles for each lesson
Perfect for beginners!
The first step in learning English is to learn how to pronounce English sounds and simple English words. One of the easiest way to learn English pronunciation is to watch native English speakers and imitate them.
On this page you will find links to online resources that will help you improve your pronunciation in English language. On some sites listed below you will find short audio or video clips of a native speaker pronouncing slowly English sounds and English words containing these sounds. Sometimes these audio and video clips can be downloaded to your computer.
Some of the sites have video lessons with tips and drills for improving your English pronunciation, where a native speaker explains vocal apparatus movements and gives practical advices.
See also software to learn English pronunciation.
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning English, see the instructions here.
- www.bbc.co.uk – Pronunciation tips - BBC learning English - The sounds of English: See more details on this English video course on this page.
- www.rachelsenglish.com – American English Pronunciation Guide online: See more details on this English video course on this page.
- sozoexchange.com – English pronunciation video clips online. In the right menu you can choose vowels, consonants or diphthongs.
- www.forvo.com – learn pronunciation of English words and English phrases online for free. The site contains a big collection of audio clips with English words recorded by native speakers. Sound quality is not always high.
- www.youtube.com – Hello Channel: Learn New English Words. 5 lessons, duration of each lesson is about 1.5 to 2 hours; very useful video to practice your pronunciation and learn some new english words. Subtitles available.
- www.uiowa.edu – Phonetics Flash Animation Project for English - online video library of English sounds pronounced by native speaker. The site contains animated library of the phonetic sounds of English language. Each consonant and vowel sound has an animated articulatory diagram, a step-by-step description how to pronounce the sound and video clip with native English speaker.
- youglish.com – Search YouTube for videos containing the given word. You can choose American, British English or both.