American English Vocabulary Builder
63 short video lessons
English subtitles for each lesson
Perfect for beginners!
On this page you will find a list of free online dictionaries of English language. Some of these dictionaries give a phonetic transcription of English words, some contain audio files of English words.
See also English computer dictionaries.
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning English, see the instructions here.
- dictionary.cambridge.org – Cambridge English dictionaries online with audio. Audio recordings of words are available - British and American English.
- www.merriam-webster.com – Merriam-Webster English dictionary online. Contains audio.
- www.oxforddictionaries.com – Oxford English dictionaries online with audio. British and American English audio.
- www.lingvo-online.ru – ABBYY Lingvo - English-Russian and Russian-English free online dictionaries. Some words have audio and can be listened online
- www.wiktionary.org – Wiktionary - free online English dictionary with phonetic transcription. This English dictionary contains a lot of examples, expressions and translations in different languages. Word declensions (inflected forms) are available. Some words have pictures.
- www.lexilogos.com – Lexilogos - list of free English dictionaries online, including English-French and French-English dictionaries. The site is in French. Contains a lot of comments. Highly recommended.
- bab.la – online English dictionaries.
- www.wordreference.com – WordReference.com - free online English dictionary. With example sentences.
- www.urbanenglish.org – English-Russian slang dictionary
- wordlist.sourceforge.net – Kevin's Word List Page - download Hunspell English dictionaries online
- www.speech.cs.cmu.edu – The CMU Pronouncing Dictionary - pronunciation dictionary for North American English
- www.diclib.com – Online dictionaries and encyclopedias
- www.dicts.info – Download free dictionaries. Large collection of free dictionaries available for free download.
- inogolo.com – Online dictionary of proper nouns with audio. English pronunciation of the names of people, places, and miscellaneous stuff
- freethesaurus.com – Online English dictionary