On this page you will find a list of free online dictionaries of Chinese language. Some of these dictionaries give a phonetic transcription of Chinese words, some contain audio files of Chinese words.
See also Chinese computer dictionaries.
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning Chinese, see the instructions here.
- www.nciku.com – online Chinese English dictionary with sound. All words have sound with male and female voices. All examples come with audio as well.
- www.wiktionary.org – Wiktionary - free online Chinese dictionary with phonetic transcription. This Chinese dictionary contains a lot of examples, expressions and translations in different languages. Word declensions (inflected forms) are available. Some words have pictures.
- www.lexilogos.com – Lexilogos - list of free Chinese dictionaries online, including Chinese-French and French-Chinese dictionaries. The site is in French. Contains a lot of comments. Highly recommended.
- www.websaru.com – Chinese-English and English-Chinese dictionaries
- www.archchinese.com – Chinese characters stroke order animation
- bkrs.info – 大БКРС - Chinese Russian dictionary online
- www.clearchinese.com – Chinese-English online dictionary
- www.mdbg.net – Chinese-English online dictionary
- www.zhongwen.com – Chinese-English online dictionary
- www.chinalanguage.com – Chinese-English dictionary
- www.kiang.org – Chinese-English online dictionary. You can draw a chinese character with your mouse and the dictionary will show the translations.
- www.wordreference.com – WordReference.com - free online Chinese-English and English-Chinese dictionaries. With example sentences.