On this page you will find a list of free online dictionaries of Arabic language. Some of these dictionaries give a phonetic transcription of Arabic words, some contain audio files of Arabic words.
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning Arabic, see the instructions here.
- www.wiktionary.org – Wiktionary - free online Arabic dictionary with phonetic transcription. This Arabic dictionary contains a lot of examples, expressions and translations in different languages. Word declensions (inflected forms) are available. Some words have pictures.
- www.lexilogos.com – Lexilogos - list of free Arabic dictionaries online, including Arabic-French and French-Arabic dictionaries. The site is in French. Contains a lot of comments. Highly recommended.
- bab.la – online Arabic dictionaries.
- www.ectaco.ca – English Arabic online dictionary
- dictionary.sensagent.com – Arabic-English dictionary online
- www.dicts.info – online English-Arabic dictionary
- www.lisaanmasry.com – Egyptian Arabic dictionary online
- www.wordreference.com – WordReference.com - free online Arabic-English and English-Arabic dictionaries. With example sentences.