On this page you will find links to online Arabic podcasts, Arabic audio lessons and audiobooks. Most of the sites listed below allow you to download podcast files (mp3, wma, etc.) to your computer for free. Usually you can find Arabic transcript for each audio clip.
Regular listening of Arabic podcasts and audiobooks will help you learn basic Arabic words and basic Arabic phrases and will improve not only your listening, but also general communication skills in Arabic language.
The difficulty level is indicated by color circles:
- for beginner/elementary level – ,
- for intermediate level – ,
- for advanced learners – .
If you want to suggest an online resource for learning Arabic, see the instructions here.
- librivox.org – online library of Arabic audiobooks in the public domain (free for download). The site contains a lot of audiobooks in Arabic read by volunteers. All books are in the public domain (they are not protected by copyright). On the page for the given audiobook almost always you can find a link to the original text in Arabic (most of the time it's Project Gutenberg - online library with thousands of free e-books).
- blog.almodaris.com – Arabic podcast - audio + text
- langmedia.fivecolleges.edu – Formal Spoken Arabic Dialogues - Arabic audio course
- langmedia.fivecolleges.edu – Sample Dialogues in Algerian, Moroccan, and Hassaniya Arabic - Arabic audio course with transcript
- arabic.byu.edu – Al-Kitaab - Arabic audio course. In left menu choose "Students", then one of the 4 courses (Al-Kitaab Arabic 101, 102, 201 or 301), then a chapter and then "Text with Audio".
- www.madinaharabic.com – Arabic textbook online with audio clips and transcript